1,500th view

has served over 1,700 satisfied views since 2010!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Elephants Never Forget...

... and neither do I.

I'll be the first to admit that I rarely pass by an opportunity to say, "I told you so." In fact, I believe that striving for that opportunity could be the greatest form of inspiration and motivation.

Over the last two years I have applied to law school twice, and for a number of jobs, both in the United States and abroad. And I have been rejected from a majority of them for one reason or another (the reasons another post entirely).
The silver lining, though, is that I get palpable ammunition. I have saved these rejection letters and keep the on a corkboard in my room. Every time I happen to glance by in their direction, a little fuel is added to my fire. (My girlfriend was able to keep me from scanning and posting the images of said rejection letters - you won this time!)

Why am I bringing this up now? Well, it's been a while since I have posted (or anyone for that matter) and I wanted to alert the reader (I don't think there are many left) that a fire has been burning for the last few months and I'm ready to unleash it.

This is the warning that comes before the "I told you so."

No comments:

Post a Comment