1,500th view

has served over 1,700 satisfied views since 2010!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Top Ten Music Picks for This Week:

"We killin' time and time's killin' us/ so I don't waste mine tryin' to grip a grudge/ But I don't twist it into what it isn't/ Don't call, don't write, don't visit/ I put you on ignore, you're not the homie anymore/ the only thing you can show me is the door."

9. Bambi- Toyko Police Club
This band may just be one of my newest obsessions. "I want to tell you there's a really good reason/ why I came home wasted in the middle of the night/ A tiny kingdom at the bottom of the trees/ Where I was always a winner and usually right."

Florence and the Machine's performance at the VMA's was UNREAL. Their cover of "Addicted To Love" is also amazing!

I am in love with Matt Beringer's voice. This indie-rock band definitely has a unique sound to them. Try it out, see what you think.

There is so much to be said about this song. It is absolutely incredible. Ed Harcourt's vocals will blow you away..."So take your cake and eat it."

"Living in the Sprawl/ Dead shopping malls rise mountains beyond mountains/ And there's no end in sight/ I need the darkness, someone please cut the lights." The synthetic beats and vocals in "Sprawl II" leave me only wanting more.

The beat in this song is hypnotizing! The horns, bass, and soothing vocals are enough to make even the most uncoordinated of dancers bust a move.

Kanye West performed this song at the VMA's Sunday night and I have to admit, I really like it. "I'm so gifted at finding what I don't like the most/ So I think it's a time for us to have a toast."

I know this song has been around for a while, but I was reminded of it's greatness when it was played at the end of the season finale of Entourage (which by the way was CRAZY). Why they waited until the end of the season to make the show better again is beyond me, but that's besides the point...This song is incredible.

Atmosphere's newest album, "To All My Friends, Blood Makes the Blade Holy" is amazing. "The Best Day" is definitely my favorite song on the album. Somehow Atmosphere manages to turns life's everyday ups and downs into a catchy tune we all want to sing along to. "It's a bad day, a bad week, and a bad month/ Don't nobody want to trade with my bag lunch."

1 comment:

  1. Eminem's "Not Afraid" I agree is a terrific song. It has been around for a while, but like you said the Entourage finale (where Eminem beats up Vince which was also awesome) and the VMA's really did the song justice. After opening the show with a melody including Rihanna, Eminem cleaned up at the VMA's. Although he took off right after his performance and was unable to accept any of his awards which was pretty weak sauce. Eminem, you are one of the rappers that has defined our generation, but please don't take off after an amazing performance, people want to hear you thank God, Dr. Dre, Haley, and then say something controversial.

    ReplyDelete