1,500th view

has served over 1,700 satisfied views since 2010!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

This Week's Top Ten Music Picks:


10. I Walked- Sufjan Stevens
His new album, "The Age of Adz" is expected to be released this fall. This song is truly beautiful from beginning to end. It is filled with catchy indie beats and soaring vocals over subtle guitar interjections. What's not to love?
This song is off the Canadian natives' newest CD, "The Suburbs." If you love indie rock, you should definitely check out this song, if not their whole CD.
I love this band, and this song off their album "Permalight" is extremely catchy. Before you know it, you will find yourself singing along. Don't say I didn't warn you!
I can't quite put my finger on what I love most about this song. Between the lyrics, the uplifting beats, or the contagious vocals, I just can't seem to get this song off my Top 25 Most Played playlist on my ipod. "Hold me like before/ hold me like you used to/ control me like you used to/ no, you don't move me anymore/ and I'd rather you don't/ 'cause I can't have you anymore."
I love the collaboration of Bruno Mars, Cee-Lo Green, and B.o.B. in this track. "If they say life's a dream/ call this insomnia/ 'cause this ain't Wonderland/ It damn sure ain't Narnia/ and once you cross the line/ you can't your mind."

5. Something Good Can Work- Two Door Cinema Club
I love this upbeat indie pop track and surely you will too.
This track speaks for itself. "Play it back from the top if you recognize real."
This song is off the latest Entourage episode. I have to say that although this season of Entourage has been less than entertaining, the music selections from this season have been incredible. This track is off Theophilius London's mixtape, "This Charming Mixtape." The song is mixed over Amadou and Mariam's beautiful song called "Sabali." Nas and Damien Marley have also recently created a mix over "Sabali" called "Patience," which is also amazing.
This song is unbelievably contagious. "Cameras" is off Matt and Kim's upcoming album, "Sidewalks" (to be released in November). I found it yesterday and haven't been able to stop listening to it since.

I can't even begin to describe how excited I am that Atmosphere is releasing a new CD September 7th called, "To All My Friends, Blood Makes the Blade Holy." This song is for those of you who appreciate underground hip hop as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment