1,500th view

has served over 1,700 satisfied views since 2010!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Top Ten Music Picks for This Week:



For this week's music picks I have once again chosen songs from all different genres. To hear each pick, click on each song. I hope you enjoy my selections!

10. The Train Pt. 2 (Sir Lucious Left Foot Saves the Day) -Big Boi & Sam Chris
This track's whistling beat and fierce lyrics prove Big Boi's tremendous talent and that he is doing just fine on his own. Be sure to check out Big Boi's whole album, "Sir Lucious Left Foot... The Son of Chico Dusty". Trust me, you will not be disappointed.

I am completely in love with The Black Keys and their whole entire album, "Brothers." I decided to post this song because it is one of their more well known songs and the music video is extremely entertaining.

I found this song by scoping through some international singles charts. This feel-good song is extremely contagious and I think it is only a matter of time before it becomes popular in the U.S.

This song is for those of you who love delicious covers. Starf*cker is an extremely talented band and I highly recommend you check them out.

Although this song is relatively short, it is still amazing. The lyrics (although simple) are very catchy.

I was introduced to Two Door Cinema Club the other day by a good friend while taking a little road trip. This song is remixed by Passion Pit (who I also LOVE), and I think you will find this song as irresistible as I do. Two Door Cinema Club's album, "Tourist History" is an excellent collaboration of tasty beats and lyrics, all of which are perfect for jamming out to in the car on a hot summer day (with the windows down of course).

"Feel em' hate from every angle, they intimated, ain't I? I'm a beast, They don't like to see me walking out of prison, I ain't trippin' I don't owe em' nothing but an a*s whoopin." This song is filled with fresh beats and T.I. spits some clever lyrics. I am very curious to see what else T.I. brings to the table in the near future.

I love The Temper Trap. Not only is this song easy to listen to, it is pure genius. The vocals are paired with beautiful guitar chords, making this song simply incredible.

This song is sprinkled with such interesting and eccentric beats that you just want to keep on listening.

This song has a retro and melancholy feel to it, yet it effortlessly seems to finds a way to get stuck in your head (in a good way). In the link above I have posted the video of this song by the Broken Bells, so do yourself a favor and listen to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment