1,500th view

has served over 1,700 satisfied views since 2010!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

This Week's Top Ten Music Picks:



Ladies and gents, these are my music picks for the week. If you want to listen to a song, just put your cursor over the song and then click on the link. Hope you enjoy!

This song is not yet released, but I LOVE it. I can't wait for Kid Cudi to release his new album. The fresh beats and lyrics are infectious. "This is how I really think, you can see what I see, yes I really think. Yes I really drink, I really do rage. My demons out the cage bout most of the day."

9. I Need A Dollar (How to Make it in America)- Aloe Blacc
This song is the theme song for the HBO series, "How to Make it in America." I found it literally impossible to listen to this song just once.

I really enjoy this mix of Wale and Sam Sparro's "Black and Gold." Wale spits some crazy lyrics in this song, and I think you will enjoy it as well. If you like this song, you should check out Wale's new mixtape, "More About Nothing."

This song is combined with "melancholy" lyrics and sunny beats, making it simply irresistible. "When you can't get what you want, but you can get me. So let's set up and see, 'cause you are my medicine, when you're close to me." What can I say, I love the Gorillaz.

This song is off Lupe's album "Food and Liquor." The album was released in 2006, but I came across the song the other day and fell in love. I really hope Lupe has a new album in the works.

This girl can really belt it. I mean, her vocals are absolutely incredible! I also heard that she will be performing at the MTV music video awards in September.

This song is amazing. The guitar solo near the middle of the song is epic. Part of the reason I love The Temper Trap so much is that they somehow manage to find a connection between indie and mainstream music. I highly recommend you check out their debut album "Conditions" ASAP. Your ears will thank you.

Who doesn't love Lil' Wayne. I found this track the other day. I don't believe it is released yet, but it is amazing (especially with Drake on it as well). "Now, tell me how you love it, you know you're at the top and all the heavens right above it, we on...It's young money, mother f*****, if you ain't running with me, run from me mother f*****, alright."

Another Kid Cudi song has once again succeeded and reached my top ten. I love the lyrics and Ratatat's solo perfectly completes this song. "A sexy lady who is pure, she has the cure. I hope she can find the man within the beast. I hope she saves me from the curse I have to beat. I hope she figures out a way to save my soul, yeah to save my heart. Every time, the moon shines, I become alive."

This song has INCREDIBLE beats. It is the perfect track if you need some motivation to get ready, go workout, or to help you get up in the morning. You get my drift. For those of you who aren't familiar with Pretty Lights, you should definitely check them out @ http://prettylightsmusic.com/#/home. I'm pretty sure their music is free on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment