1,500th view

has served over 1,700 satisfied views since 2010!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

This Week's Top Ten Music Picks:



Ladies and gents, these are my music picks for the week. If you want to listen to a song, just put your cursor over the song and then click on the link. Hope you enjoy!

10. Mr. Rager- Kid Cudi
"Whoa, now, hey! Mr. Raaagerr, Mr. Rager, tell me where you're going, tell us where you're headed. I'm off on an adventure, Mr. Raaager. Tell us some of your stories, tell us some of your travels." I can not wait until Kid Cudi's new album is released. From what I've heard so far, it's going to be unreal.

Another great Gorillaz track. "Shower my habits, while you dine like rabbits, with the crunchy, crunchy, carrots. Oh, that's chicken, gotta have it superfast!"

This track is for all you gold-digger haters out there. This song is off Cee-Lo's highly anticipated album, "Lady Killer." Although I found this track to be incredible, I highly doubt it will mainstream because of the title.

This song is off their upcoming debut album, "Burst"(to be released September 21, 2010). Also sounding similar to Passion Pit, The Pass delivers extraordinary vocals over contagious indie pop beats. I am really looking forward to their debut album and seeing what else these boys from Kentucky have to offer.

This track is great, and Beyonce's contribution definitely boosts this song up a bit. I'm really glad to see Kanye diverting from his 808s and Heartbreak sound and it feels as though he has finally returned to his College Dropout days (It's about time, right?).

I admit that I haven't always been the biggest Katy Perry fan, but with her latest songs, "E.T." and "Teenage Dream", I'd be lying if I said she wasn't growing on me. Plus she's engaged to Russell Brand, which helps bump her up a few notches. Seriously though, "E.T." is contagious. I found myself listening to the song over and over again.

I was introduced to this song last week by a friend and I literally can't stop listening to it.
Little Dragon's electronic beats and soaring lyrics are simply irresistible.

3. Forever Impossible- Mochi Beats (feat. Two Door Cinema Club, Drake, and Shontelle)
I came across this mix this morning and it is GOLD.

This is Lupe's newest track, and when you listen to it I think you will agree that he is a lyrical genius. "But I'm warmin' up, oceans is on the rise. I'll be Ocean with eleven associates on my side. Colder than Chris Martin guitarin', would you look at all these spies? But they can't see me, I took out their eyes."

I LOVE this five-piece band. And if their name alone isn't enough to make you at least a bit curious, their sound will. Their sound is extremely similar to Passion Pit, with high pitched vocals over heavy synthetic rock sounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment