1,500th view

has served over 1,700 satisfied views since 2010!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Top Ten Music Picks for This Week:



For this week's top ten music picks, I decided to not limit myself to a specific genre because as an avid music listener, I appreciate all types. This weeks top ten picks include songs from Eminem, Kid Cudi, The Black Keys, Big Boi, and many other talented artists.

10. Love the way you lie- by Eminem feat. Rhianna
I chose "Love the Way You Lie" from Eminem's newest cd because I absolutely love the collaboration between Rhianna and Eminem. Also, the lyrics are extremely witty with lines like, "Now you get to watch her leave out the window, guess that's why they call it window pane."
I chose "Dreams" by Passion Pit because it is an amazing remake of the Cranberries' original version of the song.
"Space" by M.I.A was featured in this past week's episode of Entourage as Vincent Chase is jumping out of an airplane. M.I.A.'s sound is very eccentric, but I thoroughly enjoy it.
I love the Gorillaz, and their song, "Rhinestone Eyes" (off their newest album Plastic Beach), has a very electric and catchy beat.
"Erase Me" by Kid Cudi hasn't been officially released yet, but I stumbled across it two days ago online. I am a huge fan of Kid Cudi's, and was pleased by this catchy song.
In the past couple months I have become a huge fan of the Black Keys, and so I knew I had to include one of their songs in my top ten. I chose "Howlin' for You" because it is one of their more upbeat songs and I am also in love with the lyrics.
I chose "Body Down" by Jack Penate because his voice overlapping incredible piano chords is simply irresistible.
I chose "Breakfast" by Curren$y for those of you who appreciate underground rap. This song has a very upbeat yet chill vibe to it. I really like the trumpets in the background as well.
I was first introduced to "Lady Don't Tek No" by Latyrx by a good friend of mine a couple weeks ago, and this track is just delicious. The lyrics are also contagious, so do yourself a favor and listen to this song right away.
(To listen to any of these songs just click on them)
Last, but certainly not least, is "Shutterbugg" by Big Boi. I first heard this song in the beginning of this season's premiere of Entourage. The beat is absolutely incredible, not to mention the lyrics. I was very pleased to see Big Boi making music again. Ladies and gentlemen, these are my top ten music picks for the week. So, sit back, relax, and let your listening ears enjoy some of my favorite music selections.


No comments:

Post a Comment